My Future Travel Plans

I’ve lost count of the number of travel blogs I’ve read lately saying you should “quit your job and travel the world.” The problem with that is that not only is it very unrealistic but what if I don’t want to quit my job? I like my job, and I like having somewhere I can call home. The solution is to work harder, dream bigger, and slowly but surely take amazing holidays and see amazing new places. And you won’t go broke at the same time.

In the last five or six years, I’ve been on some incredible holidays and experienced the most beautiful things.

Mayan ruins and midnight tribal dances in Mexico.

My Future Travel Plans

Crashing waterfalls in Bosnia.

My Future Travel Plans

I’ve drunk from freshwater fountains in Rome, and I’ve even partied away in the boiling hot desert at Coachella.

My Future Travel Plans

When thinking about what I want to do next and where I want to go for my future holidays, I know that I want to visit places a bit less obvious and a bit more unique. I’m torn between wanting to visit new places from my wish list, such as New York, and wanting to go back to old favourites I already love, such as Barcelona and California. One thing’s for sure, though. I know I really want to explore the world more.

I’m a sucker for a travel quote too. When I see one of those real cheesy one pop up on my Instagram you can guarantee I’ll save it. Inspiration is always needed and I find travel quotes can really help me feel motivated to get planning.

So what’s next?

Photograph My Way Around the East Coast of America

In the last year, I’ve been upping my photography skills. I’m currently searching for a new camera to take travelling too so if you have any recommendations do share.

After reading a few blog posts about Pennsylvania, this is where I really want to start applying my new skills. From what I can gather, Pittsburgh has a growing culinary scene, and it also became “Gotham City” in 2011 when used as a filming location for “The Dark Knight Rises.”

Food is what always ropes me in, honestly! Well, food and nice hotels attract my attention. Plus, Pittsburgh was described by the New York Times as the “the only city in America with an entrance.” When you arrive at the end of the Fort Pitt Tunnel, which cuts through Mt. Washington, you get a picturesque view of downtown.

My Future Travel Plans

Take a Road Trip Around Iceland

Iceland is a country like no other, and though it’s small, with a population of little over 300,000, there is so much to explore here. For outdoor adventure types, this is the perfect getaway in summer or winter. Steve and I have been banging about going for ages now, so we just need to get on with it and get organised.

Eat My Way Around India

Through my travels, I have eaten some of the best food around the world. Of all the places I have yet to visit, though, India excites me the most. The beauty of travelling is that you can hone in on the things you are most curious about. For many people, this means adventures and sightseeing or climbing as many mountains as possible. For me, it’s all about the food, which is why our days and plans usually revolve around our taste buds. Plus, we’re vegetarian, and we’ve heard so many times that being a veggie in India is the best way to eat, if you know what I mean!

Explore Cape Verde

Cape Verde is an archipelago consisting of 10 volcanic islands situated off the coast of Senegal. It used to belong to Portugal, but it gained independence in 1975. I’ve always gazed at the beaches and landscapes online, and I’ve wanted to visit for some time now. I love the idea that it sounds a little more unspoiled that other beach holidays. With the option of adventures and cultural experiences included. it seems like a win-win getaway to me.

Where do you hope to visit over the next 12 months? Do you have any tips for any of the destinations I’m planning on visiting?

Whilst all comments and opinions are genuine and real this post has been sponsored by Hotel Planner.

1. 3rd August 2017 / 4:00 pm

I’ve always heard that travelling the East Coast around early fall is just breathtaking. So that’s on my Bucket List. We travel quite a bit as well. I am planning our 2018 summer vacation as I type: Prague, Vienna, and Croatia! Love this post!

3rd August 2017 / 6:26 pm

Ooh good tip! Thank you. I’ve been all these places and they are all beautiful but Croatia is just a whole different kind of beautiful! You’ll love it x

2. 3rd August 2017 / 7:11 pm

I love this idea of making lists of where you want to go. I would love to eat my way around India! Curry is the best!

3. 3rd August 2017 / 9:50 pm

I grew up in Pittsburgh and can’t recommend visiting anymore! It’s changed a lot since I’ve left (we’re in NYC now), but my parents tell me that the food scene is hot!

4. 4th August 2017 / 4:06 am

We are actually on vacation in Quebec City this week and loving every minute.

5. 4th August 2017 / 4:36 am

Oh, the places I want to go! I actually wrote a 5 part series called Destination Wishlist and separated them by continent/area. I’m hoping to up my photography skills soon after we get moved to Atlanta. Never been there, so it’ll be a big adventure for me!

6. 4th August 2017 / 3:17 pm

I wanted to visit 30 country by the time that I am 30 years. But U wont meet me goal unless I hit the lottery. All the places I will go I get so happy about all of it.

7. 4th August 2017 / 8:07 pm

Traveling around Iceland is a dream of mine! I would love to ride my bike around the island for a month or so! India is also on my travel list! They are all great destinations! But in the next two months, i’d like to go to Barcelona and Lisbon 🙂

8. ktmommyscene
    5th August 2017 / 6:02 am

This looks like a fun trip! It’s always great to experience local culture and make some memories. I’m excited to travel more when our kids get a little older

9. 5th August 2017 / 5:33 pm

I plan to visit Hawaii soon! Never miss bringing your amazing swim wear! I enjoyed reading your post!

Pammy

10. alisonrost
    6th August 2017 / 2:15 am

Iceland is high the wish list for my husband and I as well. Ever since the New York Times did an article about their pools. Oh my goodness, they’re absolutely incredible, especially with the beautiful scenery all around! x

6th August 2017 / 1:54 pm

Looks amazing doesn’t it…fingers crossed we both get to go at some point! x

11. 7th August 2017 / 7:51 am

I would also suggest adding Koh Samui to your list, its a wonderful island in Thailand with a coral reef that will just amaze you!!

7th August 2017 / 8:53 am

ooh, yes. Definitely one of dream destinations too x

12. Alexandra Donnelly
    7th August 2017 / 7:31 pm

Ah I love reading travel blog posts, they always leave me wanderlusting for my next adventure. We’ve just booked flights to Bali and leaving in a few weeks and I am beyond excited!

13. Befitting Style
    7th August 2017 / 10:51 pm

OMG the waterfall is gorg! So beautiful that I would just stare at it if I were there.

14. fashionandstylepolice
    8th August 2017 / 11:31 am

Great post. I don’t like the idea of quitting my job to travel either. I like what I do, and I like to take cool breaks every now and again, and see the world.

15. 19th August 2017 / 6:43 pm

Lovely places to travel to here! There are some absolutely beautiful places to visit. The list is well and truly endless. As my children are quite young we enjoy visiting the UK itself there are so many lovely places here and so many I still haven’t seen. Further afield is so appealing because it is so different and so much to see too. xx

16. 7th September 2017 / 9:32 am

WOW your photos are amazing and what beautiful places you have been! Eating your way around India sounds like my idea of heaven! I’m not sure travel is on our agenda with four children, but one day when they are grown I’d love to travel a little further than the UK or Europe!

7th September 2017 / 10:39 am

Thank you Laura 🙂 Our children are 12 now and whilst we had holidays when they were little it was far more challenging so I hear you! As they get older we go away more… you have that to look forward to xx

17. 7th September 2017 / 11:32 am

I wrote a list like this not so long ago and I have actually booked a trip and the other in progress on the back of it – it is a great idea 🙂

8th September 2017 / 10:12 am

Good fun isn’t it! I wonder how much of it I’ll actually get done! x

18. chloelifeunexpected
    12th September 2017 / 9:21 am

You’ve been to so many beautiful places. I don’t think you should quit your job and travel always. I think sometimes it’s great to do a job you love and get to go on lots of exciting holidays. I love your travel plans. Iceland is on my bucket list and I really want to visit more of America. x

19. 12th September 2017 / 4:34 pm

You’ve got some rather grand travel plans – can I come along too? 😀 I met a fellow while cycling the other day, he’s been bikepacking around the world for the last year, funding his travels with selling his photography to stock photography sites. I thought that was a great idea!