Why You Should Go All Inclusive

Over the last four-five years I’ve managed to squeeze in quite a few holidays. When staying in a hotel I’ve never had a particularly preference for whether I go all-inclusive or self catering. I enjoy both for each of what they stand for, so when recently asked what it is I do like about going all-inclusive it got me thinking. I guess some people are the ‘all-inclusive people’ type and some people just wouldn’t go near it. Some people love the convenience and the extravagant buffets that come hand-in-hand with being all-inclusive along with the stress free relaxation and not having to take your purse whilst you roam around the resorts eating and drinking to your hearts tummies content.

Full disclosure – I’m just going to get it out there; I’m an all-inclusive fan when staying in a hotel or resort. There’s just something about free cocktails, free food and literally just being able to order a drink or an ice-cream whenever you fancy. For me it’s total switch-off, slow down heaven.

Why You Should Go All Inclusive

I think there’s also a bit of a misconception that when you go all-inclusive you never leave the resort but I totally disagree. Read my Mexico holiday post just to see how much we adventured outside of the hotel. You can still eat authentic food and mix with the locals, being all-inclusive doesn’t hinder this, it just makes it easier!

I mean come-on… an endless supply of fresh coconuts whilst laying on your lounger looking out to sea with a good book in your hand – you can’t beat it. Right?

Why You Should Go All Inclusive

Another thing, all-inclusive holidays are usually an affordable holiday option and they’re great if you’re really busy and don’t have the time to be researching flights and hotels or things to do. Have you ever booked one and compared the self-catering option price to the all-inclusive price. There’s not a lot of difference usually.

So, here are my reasons why I think all-inclusive holidays are worth considering:

Budget friendly

Everyone wants to know what the total cost of their holiday is going to be when they book, and with all travel, accommodation, food, drinks and sometimes activities included in the price, you don’t have to worry about going over budget whilst you’re away. Everything is produced in mass, from the tours and entertainment to the food, and this keeps prices low. You know exactly what to expect and you can choose your accommodation based on the restaurants and bars it offers as well as its facilities.

Convenient and easy to book

With everything having been taken care of for you, all you have to worry about is relaxing and enjoying your holiday. All expenses have been paid, and it’s all very easy to book and confirm with Holiday Gems. Fill in a few boxes, check the flights work and the hotel suits. Done!

Family friendly

The last time we went on a hotel family holiday and weren’t all-inclusive I lost count of the amount of times I was digging around for cash by the pool so my son could buy his 10th choc-ice of the day. The he’d want some water or a snack. Not such a big deal really but having all-inclusive package removes this. It means your children become familiar with what they can have and where they can get them. Slushy – no problem, a snack at 11am – easy, midnight hot-chocolate watching a Caribbean thunderstorm – check! I think you get my gist.

There’s something for everyone

There really is.  Luckily we’ve stayed in resorts that haven’t been over-run or too busy. Our Mexico hotel had around 8 different themed restaurants and we could take it turns depending on what we fancied. Variation is always good in my experience.

You can eat whenever you want

It’s always mealtime somewhere on an all inclusive resort; breakfast rolls into lunch, lunch rolls into dinner, and then there are also likely to be snack bars dotted throughout.

Have you been on all-inclusive holiday before? What did you think? Would you do it again and what did you like the most about it?

Sponsored by Holiday Gems but all words and opinions are true, honest and written by Hello Cuppies.

1. 1st October 2017 / 3:23 pm

Couldn’t agree with you more Natalie! I recently posted about the cracking all-inclusive deal I managed to book for my mum and I to Dominican Republic, but when I posted it on some travel groups on Facebook (wanting to share my booking tips), I was met with an onslaught of abuse from people who said I wasn’t a “proper traveller” for going to an all-inclusive resort, and that I was “not experiencing the real country”. But I think everyone travels differently – if a resort isn’t for you, then fine, no one is making you go (and means more cocktails for us hehe!) xx

1st October 2017 / 5:44 pm

Hi Becca! That’s insane! Not a ‘proper traveller’ I agree with you though, everyone travels differently and sometimes AI makes the holiday, and when you have children it can make life so much easier! We’d never let it hold us back from experiencing food outside the resort either. Bring on the cocktails I say!!

2. 4th October 2017 / 11:45 am

I am with you all the way! All-inclusive takes away all of the money stresses while you are away, you don’t have to keep saying no to the kids and it is just wonderful to be able to eat and drink whatever you like.

3. 4th October 2017 / 7:04 pm

See I’ve never been in an all inclusive and (pre-kids) I used to roll my eyes at the idea. We’ve been on cruises and stuff which is kinda of all inclusive, and quite enjoyed it. But now, post kid I am thinking this sounds like a good idea.

4. 6th October 2017 / 9:16 am

Oh my word that blog cover photo makes me need a holiday right now! I always try and go all inclusive because it’s so much less stress but struggling to find hotels that offer it where we are looking for our honeymoon (the Greek islands or Italy) x

5. 8th October 2017 / 9:04 am

We haven’t been to an all inclusive for a few years now, mostly because I just couldn’t find what we wanted in Europe, they all seem to be further away in Mexico like your trip. You’ve reminded me though why we liked them so will definitely be looking at them for next year – I might even brave a longer flight! x

6. The Daisy Pages
    8th October 2017 / 11:51 am

We’re a big fan of all-inclusive holidays too. It just takes away the stress as you know roughly how much money you’ll need and you’re not stressing about exchanging currency all the time. Your photos are lovely 🙂

7. 8th October 2017 / 2:51 pm

Yes we always go all inclusive, my OH won’t go any other way. He literally loves to sit and gorge at the buffet like you mention here haha! It IS so much better with kids too as you don’t feel like you’ve wasted loads of money when they don’t eat much and leave half their meal. Or it’s ok when they constantly wants drinks and ice creams all day! It’s fab. We haven’t been on holiday abroad for a few years so desperate to get something booked in soon! Will check out your link here for some deals 🙂

8. 8th October 2017 / 5:49 pm

I’ve only been to all inclusive few times but I loved it. It’s the fact you can order anything and not having to worry about money. Great thing on holiday isn’t it 🙂

9. Becky
    8th October 2017 / 7:59 pm

Loved this. We’ve just been on an all inclusive holiday for the first time & are converts!

10. 8th October 2017 / 9:24 pm

I definitely like knowing your food is covered if you chose not to eat it. It’s the convenience of it I guess.

11. 9th October 2017 / 6:42 pm

I’ve never done all-inclusive before, aside from a cruise, but I really am sold on them for families. I really want to book one for next year, if my husband will allow it!! 😉

12. 30th October 2017 / 12:24 pm

Your photos are amazing and make me want to go on holiday immediately! I have not been to an all exclusive but it sounds like a stress-free way and I’d love to go on one!