Christmas Tree Brownies

Without fail I make brownies every single Christmas. Usually because we have lots of chocolates that need putting to good use, but also because they are ridiculously e-a-s-y to make too. With minimal ingredients, you can make these in under 20 minutes and gain massive ‘brownie’ points for creativity and seasonal festiveness!

I’ve spotted so many images online of these Christmas tree brownies, I mean, come on – how can you resist?

Christmas Tree Brownies

I’ve shared this recipe before in my Ultimate Brownie Recipe post but here it is again for ease.

Ingredients:

For the brownies:

150g chocolate
130g real butter
140g caster sugar
140g brown sugar
40g of cocoa powder
140g plain flour
2 free range eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
Pinch of salt (I use rock, but table is fine)

For decorating

100g of melted chocolate
sprinkles
chocolate cigarellos (like these) or candy canes work well too
Edible snowflakes, available here

Method

• Pre-heat your oven to 160 degrees C fan
  • Grease and line your tin with greaseproof paper
  • Melt the chocolate and butter in the small bowl – when done stir & set aside. (This is what makes them fudgy by the way)
  • In the large bowl add all of your dry ingredients and stir to combine
  • Add the melted chocolate mix, eggs & vanilla to your dry ingredients
  • Mix with your hand mixer until everything is combined. By hand is fine too. Less washing up right.
  • Pour into your tin, squidge (technical term) in to the corners, spreading the mixture out evenly
  • Reduce the temperature on your oven to 150c and bake for 30 mins.
  • When baked leave to cool in the tin for at least 30 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. I lift the brownies out using the greaseproof paper to stop them breaking. Leave to cool now for at least 1hr30mins. They need to be completely cool so you can cut them neatly.
  • Using a sharp knife cut into triangles.

Christmas Tree Brownies

Take a piping bag, I use these disposable ones, snip off the end and fill with your melted chocolate and drizzle across your triangles. It helps if you stay in a nice Christmas tree pattern too. Sprinkle and add glitter if you like! Carefully stick in your chocolate cigarellos, or candy canes and there you have it! Delicious.

If for some extraordinary reason you have some left over, pop them into a tupperware box and leave them in the fridge, they taste great even a few days later.

For other design ideas check out this Pinterest board here I created just for you… don’t forget to follow it either so you can refer back and keep it saved for next Christmas too.

Christmas Tree Brownies

This post contains affiliate links.

1. Cia Black
    19th December 2017 / 8:08 pm

Not only are these adorable but they are simple to make. We usually decorate gingerbread men , but then they end up in the trash because while the kids like to decorate them, they are not actual fans of the taste of them. I think this would be a great alternative for decorating this year.

Author
      19th December 2017 / 8:09 pm

Ooh I’m so with them on the gingerbread! I kind of really want to like it, I’ll have a nibble but then never really love it! Brownies are so much nicer!

• Cia Black
        19th December 2017 / 8:16 pm

That’s the way it is in our house, they get the thrill of decorating them then biting off their heads, after that they end up in the trash. It feels like such a waste. But I know we all love brownes so these treats would probably be devoured.

• Cia Black
          28th December 2017 / 10:24 pm

Wanted to let you know the Brownies were a success , the children love it.

Author
            28th December 2017 / 11:05 pm

Ooh yay! Love this! Thank you for letting me know x

2. 19th December 2017 / 9:19 pm

Oh my goodness these look like something out of a fancy cook book, I love how creative and clever you were with the trunks, what an awesome idea! I bet everyone wants to come over when you’ve made these!

3. 19th December 2017 / 10:42 pm

Lately I’ve been a sucker for brownies and with the holidays, these are just the cutest! I may attempt to make these with family over the weekend.

4. 20th December 2017 / 3:48 am

I have seen this before, but I like your tree decor best! The blue and white mixed together is very attractive.

5. keisha1989
    20th December 2017 / 3:16 pm

These brownies looks so good. I want to try to make these over the weekend. Hopefully they turn out good.

6. Different Frame of Mind
    20th December 2017 / 7:12 pm

These brownies are seriously so cute and festive! Brownies are my favorite things to make for holiday parties. I am going to have to try these for the holiday parties coming up.

7. 21st December 2017 / 2:52 am

Brownies are the ultimate guilty pleasure – all that ooey gooey goodness, yummy!! And you managed to make it beautifully festive. So awesome for Christmas!

8. Vasundhra
    21st December 2017 / 8:46 pm

I like brownies but have never tried to make them at home.. These look adorable and I am happy to see that the recipe is surprisingly easy. Loved the festive feel to it!

9. 22nd December 2017 / 3:10 pm

I love your Christmas tree decoration on the brownie~ I didn’t know that you can decorate such nice trees just by making the brownies into triangles! What a great idea~ Genius!

10. The Daisy Pages
    22nd December 2017 / 6:26 pm

These look sooo amazing! Chocolatey and delicious and easy to make, win-win ❄️. Off to Tweet the recipe so that I don’t lose it. Thanks for sharing xx

Author
      23rd December 2017 / 6:16 pm

Totally easy to make! Honestly I can mix these up in under ten mins and we’re eating them, still warm within the hour sometimes! Xx

11. 23rd December 2017 / 9:31 pm

These look so pretty and I can never resist brownies. One of my favourites, because of the chocolate! I also love your recipes, mainly because they are recipes! I hate scrolling down for ages to find the actual recipe and the photos – no blah blah, just the stuff I’m looking for!

12. 23rd December 2017 / 10:33 pm

I love Brownies, they are my guilty pleasure, these look really simple to make and effective too.

13. 24th December 2017 / 2:55 pm

Oh wow, these look so cool! I really love the idea of making brownies into trees for Christmas… Very festive looking!

14. 24th December 2017 / 9:33 pm

Oh wow these look amazing and very wintery/Christmassy. I love any desert that is easy to make and I love how you have decorated them too. Xx

15. Kd
    25th December 2017 / 4:35 am

These are so cute. I love the blue and white – a different take from the usual green and red. I Be these taste as good as they look. Brownies are def one of my weaknesses.