It’s January and if you haven’t yet searched for holidays on Booking.com, Skyscanner or Last-minute then are you even human? Why is it that the majority of us start dreaming of faraway places immediately after Christmas? Were we not already spoiled enough? 😉
I of course don’t have the answers to these questions, all I can say is that I’m guilty too! Probably more guilty than most.
I’ve been running through endless flight options, shouted out to Steve countless times about somewhere I’ve seen which has generally ranged from freezing cold Iceland, African safaris, and mesmerising hotels in Bali. I’m so overwhelmed right now.
Ultimately though I do love a villa
Don’t get me wrong, hotels are amazing too. But for total switch off time with my family, a secluded villa stay is our little piece of heaven.
If like me, you enjoy a little bit of luxury now and again then you really need to check out some of the latest villa additions to the Clickstay website. The prices are unbelievable competitive, I can give you a special £50 Clickstay discount code off any booking worth £850 or more (enter Hellocuppies1 at the checkout) AND the customer service is fantastic. Hopefully by the time you’ve finished reading this post I’ll have convinced you enough to go check one out.
Oh and I know these are all very bold statements, but they are all totally true. I only write these kinds of things if I really mean them and I genuinely think villas can bring a whole new dimension to your holiday and make it all the more memorable for everyone who comes with you.
So, in true Natalie style I’ve rambled on way more than I planned and in an attempt to keep this post brief and to the point, here are my top 9 reasons for why you should hire a villa for your holiday this year.
Top 9 Reasons To Stay in A Villa
1. Let’s get the obvious one out of the way first. The cost. Put very simply, renting a villa can be amazingly cost-effective in comparison to booking a hotel stay. Whether you’re going as a family or with a group of friends the more people you can get to come along with you, the cheaper it’ll be.
2. Most villas are kitted out really well. I stayed in three last year (one in Croatia, one in Sicily, and one in Tuscany). Each time we arrived the owners had made sure that the kitchen was impeccable, both times providing us with bottled water, oils, jams and basic necessities until you can do your first supplies run at the supermarket…even one of the villas had fresh fruit picked from the orchard outside and plenty of toiletries in the bathrooms. Pure bliss. I can’t obviously say every villa will have this but what I do know is that each one is unique its own way. Oh and having a laundry room where you can go home with a suitcase full of clean clothes which dried within 30 minutes in the boiling hot sun is amazing..or is that just me?
3. 24hour swimming pool access. Let me re-phrase that – you can use the swimming pool whenever the heck you want! 2 am in the morning – no problem. 7 am wake up swim – heaven! Our children loved having a quick dip before bed, it became a routine for us and became known as ‘Midnight Swim Club’.
4. Total 100% privacy. Which means no loud inconsiderate hotel guests, no early wake-up calls from the cleaners, no swimming with a gazillion other people.
5. Plenty of room for all, no sharing rooms with your children or interconnecting issues. Villa’s generally have more space to throw your flip flops around and cosy corners to drink your sangria and read your favourite book in.
6. There’s no better way to learn the culture and experience the community than when you stay in a villa. Villa owners always recommend quaint little family restaurants you can try whilst villa life means you’re also encouraged to go food shopping at local markets, experience local cuisines, and interact with the people you meet.
7. There’s one quality of a villa holiday that you won’t really appreciate until you’re in one, and that’s the peace and quiet. Many villas are situated in the beautiful picture perfect surroundings, which are too rural for hotels. I’ve stayed in villas where we’ve been on the beach, in the mountains and in the countryside. There’s nothing quite like waking up to the sounds of the sea, the birds in the trees, and the sight of your own pool.
8. One word. WiFi. No more explanations required! 😀
9. Villa life makes everything more sociable. Whether you eat in the kitchen, by the pool or on the terrace with a cocktail in your hand if you prefer, there’s plenty of space for everyone to socialise together in a relaxed and comfortable environment. BBQ’s… sunsets… need I say more?
So, whether it’s a sun-drenched beach holiday in the South of France, a romantic long weekend in Italy or a family holiday in the Tenerife, a villa is there to suit all of your requirements, particularly if it’s a little luxury you’re after.
My villa holidays have been the sort of places I’ll remember for the rest of my life.
What do you think? Ready to book?