Firstly, thank Fu** January is over! It was long, it got so cold and it was just one big old exhausting month! I moaned quite a bit, it’s not good. I know it’s dead normal to have our up’s and down’s and some months will feel and be generally better than others. But yeah, just to reiterate – thank fu** January is over!
I’m ready for you, February!
So, in a very positive way of turning around quite a negative, probably dramatic feeling about January, (and start to this blog post), how about we start February on a bit of high. Sound good?
Start as we mean to go on. Give praise to the good things no matter how big or small. Because balance is important! And being grateful even more so.
Looking at my stats
I was looking at my analytics from 2018 the other day and plotting on them on my fancy new excel sheet which shows my blog growth over the last 3 years. My most popular posts are baking ones, then foodie travels, but also, you seem to like my lifestyle/ranty talky-type posts. That made me really happy. These are the posts where I feel like I really get to be myself and where I get to write about what I’m really thinking .
I wrote a very unusual post last year called “The Time I was Body Shamed” and it gets tons of hits every day. My rant about my son driving me insane also seems to get picked up quite often – you can read it here. Also, you may have spotted I’ve been blogging lots about restaurants in my local area, especially Reading, and these are proving to be really popular too. Which is great as I’ve got a few review slots booked in for February.
So, when I feel like I want to give a general update on things, have a rant, shout about something amazing – these posts are going to be my way of doing that. Everybody loves a Friday, it’s the 1st February today – so what better day to start this little series of blog posts about what makes me smile.
10 Good Things
- I go to New York in two weeks, and to say I’m excited is an understatement. I’ve been plotting things I want to do on my Google maps and saving all these amazing food places. Basically, I just can’t wait to eat ALL the food and it makes me smile every time it pops into my head.
- I bought a new T-shirt and it’s a bargain, its funny, and I can’t wait to get in my comfy trackies this weekend and throw it on. PIVOT!!!!! Buy it here for a very lovely £12.99!
- Saturday is my favourite day and tomorrow I get to teach a gorgeous Luxury cupcake class to 8 amazing ladies. I get coffee on tap from the lovely Lucy, and I chat all things cake all day. It’s always fun and I look forward to them every week.
- Randomly, we’re going to Amsterdam for the day next week. I plan to make the most of our time there by seeing and doing as much as possible. Using some BA points to pay for my flights meant it cost a bargain £49 return!
- I had a lovely catch up call with one of my best friends and we totally put the world to rights. We moaned, gossiped, and I really, really needed it!
- Haribo Veggie Strawbs. Discovering these babies are gelatin free will do nothing for my sweet tooth problem, but they are seriously amazing. Maybe I should just brush my teeth for an extra minute to counteract all the sugar? Hmm…
- Breakfast in Bed at a work event where I had to stay overnight went very well. I was very happy to have a couple of hours to lounge, eat and get ready in peace.
- I called my son on the way home from work the other day and we had a 30-minute conservation which may seem irrelevant to some, but teens don’t talk much so this was an absolute revelation! We chatted about our days, what his friends were doing, homework and despite the fact I was stuck in traffic, it was just dead lovely!
- I’m taking part in a wedding shoot in March which is now confirmed and in my diary. I’ve not done one for a while and I really wanted to pick up on these again in 2019. It’s a beautiful coral and copper theme and I can’t wait to have free reign on a brand new modern cake design for it.
- Lastly, I got sent some professional wedding shots of a cake I created last December and they look so beautiful! It reminded me that getting to contribute to someone’s special day in this way is a true honour.
Photo credit: Wedding Rings Photography.
So, tell me, what’s made you smile lately, I’d love to know. There’s a comment box below, or if you don’t have the time, let me know what you think of this post using a cool little Emoji below! 🙂