14th October 2015

Indulgent Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

chocolate cupcake

I’m a huge chocoholic! So its only right that my chocolate cupcakes reflect this. I hate it when I see & taste chocolate cupcakes that are just not ‘chocolately’ enough!  I’ve tinkered with my recipe a few times, added or subtracted an ingredient here and there and eventually have one I’m confident in sharing.  So here it is:

This recipe will bake 12 large cupcakes and it also works fine when doubling up too 🙂 I use a mixer but it will work perfectly fine with hand mixing also.

Ingredients:

Method

Voila! If you try this recipe please let me know how you got on and even share your results if you fancy 🙂 Enjoy!

IMG_6044

18 responses to “Indulgent Chocolate Cupcake Recipe”

1. Lucy Walkington says:

could this recipe also be used to make a big cake ? and if so about what size ?
    thanks x

• cuppiesncream says:

Hi Lucy, to be honest, I do use a different recipe for big cakes so I’m not sure, but I think it may work for a small 2 layer, 8″ cake if you doubled the ingredients. If you try let me know how it works 🙂 Oh an I would reduce the cooking temp to 140 degrees :-), Natalie.

2. Steph says:

Silly question but do you taste the coffee? Must give this a go 🙂

It there a recipe you could reconmend for a 10inch cake?

• cuppiesncream says:

Hi Steph, nope not in the slightest 🙂 the coffee just helps to bring out the richness of the chocolate. For a 10″ cake I often use the Maisie Fantasie chocolate fudge cake recipe. X

3. Alison Inglis says:

Looks to be a nice recipe. I’m the same as you, like to taste the chocolate 😉 One question though, chocolate cupcakes are prone to peel from their cases, how do these fare?

4. Bunny Bard says:

Hi
    I’m dying to make these cookies but I’m in Montreal and can’t find golden caster sugar. How can I substitute this?
    Thanks!!

• cuppiesncream says:

Hi BunnyBakes, thank you for your comment 🙂 I would say any kind of brown sugar would work really, failing that normal white caster sugar would work good too. I just prefer brown as I think it gives a more caramel kind of taste to the cupcakes. Natalie x

5. Sue says:

I’m in the middle of making this and can’t figure out whether the melted chocolate is meant to be decorative or whether it needs to be mixed in? Help!!

6. […] recipe. A year or so ago I shared a recipe for Fudgey Chocolate Cupcakes, which you can find here and they are equally as delicious, but they take a little more effort than your standard […]

%d bloggers like this: