Peanut Butter Oat Bites

It’s that time of year where my usual ability to jump out of bed on a morning full of energy and excitement for the day disappears. The mornings are getting darker, I’m tired and a little bit fed up of being in the kitchen from wedding cake season, so skipping breakfast for an extra 15 minutes in bed between my nice soft sheets is far more valuable right now.

But we all know how bad skipping breakfast is for us so with that in mind I baked these peanut butter oat bars last night and grabbed one from the box as I ran out of the door, munching away before I even had chance to put my seat belt on.

Peanut Butter Oat Bites
My son has taken a couple of chunks to school in his packed lunch too.

WHAT DO THEY TASTE LIKE?

Soft but crunchy, moist but smooth and wonderfully nutty with a hint of cocoa and fruit these oat bars are perfect for us Mums on the go. Quickly whip up a batch and breakfast is sorted for the rest of the week.

They took me 10 minutes to bake last night. 5 minutes to prep max. The most difficult part was lining the tin but you could even skip that if you used this magic spray. 😉

The ultimate selling point? All these high-quality ingredients were packed and ready to use as All Things Baked sent me one of their subscription boxes to try. Unwrapping the tissue paper to reveal the contents, I was so excited! I’m used to buying my own ingredients and choosing my own bakes so to bake something that was a complete surprise was a welcome change.

Peanut Butter Oat Bites
I’m the worst for tinkering with recipes but for this one I stuck to the exact ingredients and quantities, literally followed the recipe card exactly. Easy to follow and understand my oat bites were in our tummies within the hour. That said, you do get enough for two batches so for the second go I swapped the honey for maple syrup, the milk for almond milk and some vegan dark chocolate nibs – you couldn’t tell the difference! Both totally scrummy.

You need one bowl for all your dry ingredients.

Peanut Butter Oat Bites

Peanut Butter Oat Bites

One spoon for your peanut butter.

Peanut Butter Oat Bites

Spoon licking is absolutely compulsory during clean up too.

Spoon licking it absolutely compulsory during clean up too.

Smush firmly in your lined tin making sure the mixture goes into each corner.

Bake for the required time and when done make sure you go and distract yourself for 15 minutes or so whilst they cool before chopping into bite-size squares.

They’ll keep for about 4-5 days…good luck with that though.

HOW TO GET YOUR OWN BAKE BOX?

Easy, subscribe here.

I’ve seen next months recipe box – it looks delicious!

It’s £9.99 a month and you cancel at any time, or £24.99 for a 3 month gift subscription, or £54.99 for a 6 month gift subscription. Postage and packaging is totally free.

This post was sponsored by All Things Baked but my opinions and words are honest and all my own.

1. 27th September 2017 / 12:52 pm

They sound delish but unfortunately not conducive to the diet! I’ll have to wait for a cheat day! ;-0

2. 27th September 2017 / 5:44 pm

Nothing last 4-5 days in this household of 4 little people and 2 big people. I’m sure if I made these they would be gone by the end of the day. But this would be a nice healthier alternative for valentine’s day treats, just use a cookie cutter for heart shapes.

3. 27th September 2017 / 5:57 pm

Oh wow this is such a great idea and it sounds simply delicious! I didn’t even know such subscription boxes existed. I might have to look into this for when I am back into work!

4. 27th September 2017 / 6:15 pm

These look soo good!! I love peanut butter and any kind of healthy treat. I’ll have to make these for work!

5. 27th September 2017 / 10:11 pm

Oh my goodness, these look so amazing! Do you know what these would be great for? A snack before or after a long run! They’re perfect!

6. 28th September 2017 / 10:04 am

I love the idea of this. I sometimes like making fun healthy snack but do not have the things I need to make it perfect.

7. keisha1989
    28th September 2017 / 1:02 pm

Oh wow this is such a great idea. I love that this is a healthy snack but it still looks delicious .

8. Joanna
    29th September 2017 / 11:23 am

The recipe looks delicious and so easy to make. I like that you can make an entire tray so that you have breakfast ready for every day of the week. It sounds very nutritious as well and full of proteins.

9. 30th September 2017 / 5:35 am

These look tasty! I can’t wait to make some fall-inspired treats

10. Linda
    30th September 2017 / 9:00 am

I’m always searching for such quick recipes that I can prepare the day before so I have healthy snack in the evening. I’m not a morning person at all so I often skip breakfast which is sad because I love having good breakfast. Early mornings are killing me! Thank you for the recipe, I will try it!

11. 2nd October 2017 / 12:36 pm

They looks so yummy. Oh well, anything with peanut butter is one of our favorite.

12. 3rd October 2017 / 1:45 pm

I just made the mistake of forwarding this to my husband who has now announced that if these aren’t waiting for him when he gets home there will be big trouble, hah! He LOVES peanut butter, I think I’ll make them!

3rd October 2017 / 1:58 pm

ha-ha I like your style! They are very peanut-buttery too!

13. 4th October 2017 / 8:31 pm

You’ve made me hungry! Argh! The photos of those golden bars immediately made me hungry. So…I think I’m going to make them over the weekend. And hope they last until Monday.

14. 4th October 2017 / 11:05 pm

These looks totally delicious. They would make a perfect snack for my niece and nephews when they get home from school. I will have make this recipe soon.

15. 5th October 2017 / 12:05 am

This looks delicious and would be a perfect cooking project to do with my girls who would probably…no, DEFINITELY… do more tasting than making!!

16. Elizabeth O
    6th October 2017 / 3:50 am

I really love oat meal. This is totally looks so delicious and tasty. and I can’t wait to try this peanut butter oat bites recipe.

17. Niki
    7th October 2017 / 9:22 pm

These look so good and a great snack for grabbing (I never eat breakfast so will be great) do you think almond butter would work? I have loads on the shelf x

18. 8th October 2017 / 4:27 pm

Love these I make something quite similar but I use banana mashed into oats with a spoonful of peanut butter x

19. 9th October 2017 / 12:31 pm

I love peanut butter and these look so good. I’m definitely going to try the recipe out. I bet my children would love it.

20. 11th October 2017 / 11:40 am

Mmm! They look so yummy! I have a very similar recipe which has mashed banana in it. Always great for breakfast on the go or a mid-morning snack. x

21. 28th October 2017 / 9:58 am

Oh these look delicious!! I love the sound of a baking subscription box 🙂

22. 6th November 2017 / 1:31 pm

These look amazing and really easy to make, the 2 things that I love about a recipe!

23. 7th November 2017 / 12:10 am

Yummy! I love peanut butter! These look and sound delicious!
    Bake box sounds like a great sub box! My two younger children are starting to get more involved in the cooking and I think they’d enjoy this.
    I like to start them cooking young My son recently qualified as a chef having done a long apprenticeship with River Cottage. Very handy 🙂

24. misslaven
    16th November 2017 / 4:14 pm

These look so delicous and I would love to have these right at hands now!
    Laven

25. 21st November 2017 / 8:52 pm

Ooh these look delicious. I love oats and especially oat cakes and I love peanut butter too! Sounds perfect xx