Everyone loves a vanilla cupcake so when you need a quick fix here is a simple vanilla cupcake recipe that will never fail.
Maybe I sound a little confident, but these cupcakes will be your absolute favourite! They will turn out so fluffy, with an intense Vanilla flavour and lovely buttery richness.
When baked you should achieve a lovely flat top too. I don’t like empty cupcakes so this mixture is quite generous meaning you should fill your cases about 3/4 full.
This recipe will produce 12 large cupcakes.
- 180g un-salted butter or Stork (at room temperature)
- 180g self-raising flour (my favourite is McDougalls premium)
- 180g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste (extract will work fine too)
- 1 large dollop of buttermilk or 4tsp of milk if you don’t have buttermilk
For the buttercream:
- 250g butter (at room temperature)
- 300g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste