Everyone loves a vanilla cupcake so when you need a quick fix here is a simple vanilla cupcake recipe that will never fail.
Maybe I sound a little confident, but these cupcakes will be your absolute favourite! They will turn out so fluffy, with an intense Vanilla flavour and lovely buttery richness.
When baked you should achieve a lovely flat top too. I don’t like empty cupcakes so this mixture is quite generous meaning you should fill your cases about 3/4 full.
This recipe will produce 12 large cupcakes.
- 180g un-salted butter or Stork (at room temperature)
- 180g self-raising flour (my favourite is McDougalls premium)
- 180g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 1 tsp. of vanilla bean paste (extract will work fine too)
- 1 large dollop of buttermilk or 4tsp of milk if you don’t have buttermilk
For the buttercream:
- 250g butter (at room temperature)
- 400g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat the oven to 155°C fan assisted and line a 12-hole tin with your choice of cases.
2. Beat your butter and sugar until creamy and pale.
3. Add your eggs, one at a time until you reach a smooth consistency
4. Add your vanilla paste and buttermilk
5. Fold in your flour until smooth, but be careful not to overbeat.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases (3/4 full)
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cakes are well risen and firm on top.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool ready to ice.
If you love this recipe then maybe you’ll like these too.