Everyone loves a vanilla cupcake so when you need a quick fix here is a simple vanilla cupcake recipe that will never fail.
Maybe I sound a little confident, but these cupcakes will be your absolute favourite! They will turn out so fluffy, with an intense Vanilla flavour and lovely buttery richness.
When baked you should achieve a lovely flat top too. I don’t like empty cupcakes so this mixture is quite generous meaning you should fill your cases about 3/4 full.
This recipe will produce 12 large cupcakes.
1. Preheat the oven to 155°C fan assisted and line a 12-hole tin with your choice of cases.
2. Beat your butter and sugar until creamy and pale.
3. Add your eggs, one at a time until you reach a smooth consistency
4. Add your vanilla paste and buttermilk
5. Fold in your flour until smooth, but be careful not to overbeat.
6. Divide the mixture evenly between the paper cases (3/4 full)
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cakes are well risen and firm on top.
8. Transfer to a wire rack to cool ready to ice.
If you love this recipe then maybe you’ll like these too.