27th August 2017

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

After another long and beautiful day soaking up the sunshine jumping and diving in the pool at our villa we loaded up our hire car and drove to San Vito Lo Capo for some evening beach time and some delicious food.

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Everything I read about Sicily suggested that the most beautiful coastal town in the area is San Vito Lo Capo which is famous for its soft sandy beaches, low-key vibe and its breathtaking sunsets.

On the way we spotted a little lay-by where we quickly jumped out and admired this amazing viewpoint over Castellammare de Golfo – water view! 😉

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Continuing on our journey meandering around the Italian roads and admiring the scenery we soon arrived at a pretty, clean town nestled between huge mountains that rise up from its shores to awe-inspiring heights.

We discarded our shoes, threw down our towels and left the children to their own devices playing in the sand.

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Sunset is the hour to see and be seen in all Italian coastal towns isn’t it?

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Once the sun had dipped well below the horizon, leaving the sky a delicate shade of candy-floss pink the little town slowly started twinkling to life.

We wandered over, tummies rumbling, on the search for some delicious food and gelato.

All is calm in this postcard pretty Sicilian town.

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

The buildings are all a little bit crumbly but beautiful in their own way and life centres around the cobbled streets where you’ll barely hear a word of English spoken.

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Mooching around various shops, buying souvenirs and gifts from the market stalls we eventually stopped at a lively Italian restaurant hidden down a snug little side street.

My son chose the Mussels which he devoured…and created a total mess of so no pretty photos here…

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

I settled for a giant spinach arancini. Certainly not elobarote, but very good.

Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo

Very full, very tanned and a little sleepy, we made our way back home. Sicilian food and sunsets certainly take some beating,

29 responses to “Sunsets in San Vito Lo Capo”

1. Kelley says:

That spinach arancino has me drooling! I would love to visit and eat all of the food!

2. Pics look amazing and it seems like you had a wonderful time. I have been to Sicily twice and it has never disappointed! Hope you enjoy some quality time in my dear country :).

3. I have always wanted to go to Italy! It just seems like the best place on Earth! Your photos definitely make me want to go even more!

4. These pictures are absolutely stunning. I was in Malta last month and wanted to take the boat to Sicily but didn’t have enough time. Can’t wait to visit some day.

5. April says:

Italy looks so beautiful! I’d love to visit one day. Great photos by the way, they’re giving me major travel envy lol.

6. jin says:

Wow this place is beyond amazing and gorgeous! Such a dreamy spot to relax and recharge and just enjoy life. How do you find these places?? I’ve never heard of this place!

7. Ressa says:

Wow, San Vito Lo Capo is such a beauty! What a dream to be staying there with loved ones! I hope I’d visit there some day!

8. acraftymix says:

LOL, I had a quite chuckle to myself when I saw your son’s plate of food. That alone makes me want to pack my bags and head off to Sicily for some mussels and sun-downers. It looks like you all had a lovely time

9. amandakrill says:

The food. The beaches. The pics. Just OMG. What an amazing location.

10. Samantha says:

Italy is definitely on my list of places to visit. It seems like you had a great time & the pictures are great!

11. Wow! I heard a lot of amazing story in Italy. And i always wanted to visit here. Such a great place for a family vacation.

12. TheMrsTee says:

San Vito looks like such an amazing vacation destination! I would love to be able to explore such a beautiful place as a couple with my Hubby and as a family.

13. The giant spinach arancini looks a bit like scones with spinach inside. I’m not a fan of scones, but the spinach makes me want to taste it a bit~ P.S. Love the gorgeous sunset photo~

14. I could be over there all year long! It is so beautiful and I love the shoreline with the town nearby. Looks like the night life is also pretty fun. Beautiful!

15. lucicoo says:

That is so beautiful. I love the sea side. I wish I could be there right now and relax.

16. Steve says:

Wow, San Vito looks and sounds amazing. It really does, there’s so much going on here. I would love to visit. Was this all really from one day?

17. Elizabeth O says:

What a healthy food it is. I definitely won’t miss that giant spinach arancini when I have the chance to go there.

18. Lisa Rios says:

I’ve always wanted to go to Italy. It looks so beautiful and I love the beach pics you got there. The food also looks divine!

19. tararaquelfuller says:

looks like an incredible time. and now I’m hungry for some mussels – yum!

20. Shawna says:

I can only hope to one day visit Sicily! You made everything about this place sound absolutely wonderful! Those views! The beach! The food! (Ulgh, except you can keep the mussels lol). Beautiful photos, thank you for sharing this gem with us! It will be saved for later reference

21. Emma Jones says:

Those mussels are everything I could want in a dish and more! Looks so picturesque and serene x

22. This place is definitaley a must see! I loved your photography in this one. It really looks like you had an amazing time there and not to mention the food! It looks so yummi!!

%d bloggers like this: